- Vidyarthi Bhavan has its weekly holiday on Friday
- Mahalakshmi Tiffin Room doesn’t open for business on Saturday
- Brahmins Coffee Bar is closed on Sunday
- Upahara Darshini used to be closed on Mondays, though in the last few years they’ve been open 7 days a week
- Dwaraka and the Gandhibazaar branch of Adigas are closed on Tuesdays (not sure of Adigas anymore, Dwaraka still closed on Tuesdays)
A wonderful arrangement by the different restaurants in Basavanagudi to ensure that they all get their weekly off, and yet not deny food to the residents of the area!
Written after a leisurely and sumptuous breakfast at Mahalakshmi. Idli-vade-khalidose-coffee.
PS: “Plain dose” and “khali dose” mean different things in Bangalore, though they literally mean the same thing. Khali dose is soft and fluffy. Plain dose is dark brown and crisp, basically masale dose without the masale.